We all know our garages were created to store our cars in them, along with tools and other lawn equipment. But quite often our garages turn into storage facilities. We end up cramming so much into our garages that there ends up not being enough room for the car the structure was built for!
Garages can actually be a lot more than just a place to store our vehicle or our extra junk. Our garage can be our workshop – a storage area that’s organized properly and perhaps even a place to hang out. It is a place to tinker, build and repair. It’s also a great place for quality time turning ideas into reality.
A garage should be stocked with useful tools that can make the household a little more productive and a whole lot more stimulating. A well-equipped garage should have mostly simple things that work in simple ways. They should function in a proper manner, yet achieve greatness. Here are a collection of items everyone should have in their garage.
- Workbench: Since the garage can perform well as a workshop, it’s important to accomplish things with a firm, dependable workbench. It makes woodworking easier. A good workbench doesn’t have to be fancy either, as long as it is large and strong enough to handle everything. It should be at the right height for standing, as well as provide a place you can work comfortably at for long periods of time.
- Toolbox: No questions asked, this is something every garage should have. There should be a place for all your screwdrivers, pliers, socket sets and wrenches to be stored. A good toolbox will keep the garage from looking like a junkyard. It should be large enough to store all the tools and small enough to put away easily when not in use. If you want to spend more money, there are great industrial size stand up toolboxes that store loads of tools and really make a garage look great.
- Lighting: Limited light can be a problem when working in the garage, especially when doing intricate projects. It can affect color, visual perception and overtime it can even damage eyesight. Good lighting can improve individual safety and security by clearing up risks and tasks such as steps and finding things.
- Fire Extinguisher: This is a must. Accidents do happen and it is best to be prepared when they occur. One can never be too cautious when it comes to safeguarding against fire.
- Bonus – Metal Polish: Lastly, when it comes to metal polish, there’s nothing out there in the market better than Quick Sheen. With its advanced formula, it cleans and polishes metal with an ultra–smooth finish. It is easy to use since there’s no need to buff – just wipe on and off. It keeps all of your metals shining longer which ultimately saves time and money. Since your garage is used to store vehicles and other metal equipment,
it goes without saying metal polish fits right in with the other items on our list.
Whatever purpose you choose to use your garage for, it’s easy to see there are far more uses than just a place to park when it is clean, organized, and ultimately safe. It is intended to be used and enjoyed.